CELINA HIGH SCHOOL COLOR GUARD
COLOR GUARD DIRECTOR
Questions & Answers
Do you need any experience?
No experience is required to join the color guard! We will teach you everything you need to know about color guard and how to be a successful member! Backgrounds in dance, cheer, theater or any performing group are always helpful, but certainly not required in any way!
When do we rehearse? The Celina Color Guard rehearses as a part of the marching band in the Fall semester. We attend all marching band summer camps, rehearsals, football games, and contests. During the Spring semester we usually rehearse twice a week after school with contests on certain weekends, throughout the spring.
Does Color Guard count towards a PE credit?
Yes, it does!
What are the requirements?
The Celina Color Guard and Winter Guard is open to all Celina High School students. Enrollment in the Marching Band class during the Fall Semester (1st Period) is mandatory. The Color Guard will prepare and perform routines for marching competitions, pep rallies, parades, and various community service opportunities.
The Color Guard may compete as a winter or indoor guard at the discretion of the directors. If enrolled, participation is required. Membership carries the following responsibilities:
1. Attendance at all rehearsals, sectionals, clinics, and performances.
2. Attendance at summer guard camp.
3. Enrollment in Marching Band class during Fall Semester.
4. Satisfactory performance of the materials assigned for performance and /or competition.
5. Maintain academic eligibility.
6. Abide by Celina Band Handbook policies.